The 'VisitLanarkshire' brand and the www.visitlanarkshire.com web portal were created to develop and promote Lanarkshire as a visitor destination
VisitLanarkshire was created in 2005 by the then Lanarkshire Strategic Tourism Marketing Partnership in consultation with the local tourism, hospitality & leisure industries and the industry led Lanarkshire Area Tourism Partnership, (LATP)
The LATP comprises of representatives drawn from:
• North Lanarkshire Council
• South Lanarkshire Council
• Private and public sector organisations including the Lanarkshire Tourism Association
The role and remit of the Lanarkshire Area Tourism Partnership is as follows:
• Oversee the implementation of the Lanarkshire Tourism Action Plan 2015 (LTAP)
• Input to National Tourism Strategy and review local alignment on an ongoing basis
• Secure resources for the delivery of the Lanarkshire Tourism Action Plan from partners
• Monitor performance of the LTAP and Lanarkshire's contribution to the national tourism aspirations
• Act, when appropriate, as a lobbying body to further the interests of local tourism, leisure, and hospitality industries.
• Act as a forum for the exchange of experience, knowledge and best practice for both public and private sector tourism organisations
• Liaise with the Greater Glasgow & Clyde Valley Regional Office of VisitScotland on all local and national activity relating to Lanarkshire
The development and success of tourism is considered one of Lanarkshire's key opportunities to raise the profile and image of the area and contribute to the economic growth of Lanarkshire.
'VisitLanarkshire' was created to co-ordianate and enhance the efforts of the wider tourism, hospitality and leisure industries in Lanarkshire to develop Lanarkshire as a must visit destination.
We will develop and manage VisitLanarkshire and the www.visitlanarkshire.com website as an exemplar tourism destination portal to deliver relevant and innovative information to visitors and effective marketing support services for the wider Lanarkshire tourism sector.
For further details on VisitLanarkshire, www.visitlanarkshire.com and the Lanarkshire Area Tourism Partnership; or for more information about how to join the Lanarkshire Tourism Association contact
South Lanarkshire Council,
154 Montrose Crescent,