Ebenezer Hall is a stunning, architect-designed eco-home that preserves many of the original features of this 1905 meeting hall - 9 coloured-glass arch-windows and a staircase hand-built from the restored timber of the church pews. It has been converted to the highest spec. Solid oak floors and top-of-the-range furniture contribute to an overall sense of calm and luxury.
Ideal for families who enjoy the outdoors, or if you want a quiet week reading, writing, painting or just relaxing. Ebenezer Hall is fantastic for a winter break or summer walking holiday, the large open-plan living area also makes it a favourite for families with young children and the Jotul stove keeps the house beautifully warm.
• Large entrance hall for coats and shoes
• Utility room with washer
• Large family bathroom with rain shower and roll-top bath
• Master bedroom with king-size bed, French doors opening onto private patio, and large ensuite bathroom with rain shower
• Extra-large family bedroom with king-size bed, double sofa-bed and second flatscreen TV (Sky TV package), as well as French doors opening onto private patio
• Double bedroom with bunk beds (full adult size)
• Open-plan kitchen-lounge-dining room with sumptuous furnishings
• Solid oak floors and oak dining table and chairs
• Flat screen multi-channel LCD TV (Sky TV package)
• Bose Soundlink Air speakers (plays wirelessly from iPhones, iPads and Macs)
• Blu-ray/DVD player
• Fully fitted designer kitchen with induction hob, wooden worktops, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine and selection of free coffee pods
• French doors open onto private balcony looking up to the hills
• Large bedroom with king-size bed
• Large bathroom with rain shower
* Eco-heating system throughout (air source heat-pump and low energy convection radiators)
* 100% cotton quality bedlinen and towels
Ebenezer Hall has a range of activities nearby. The Leadhills Golf Course is a 'must' for every golfing enthusiast to ensure you have played the highest golf course in Britain situated at 1500 ft/456m above sea level. The Southern Upland Walkway is Britains first official coast to coast long distance foot-path. The Leadhills and Wanlockhead Railway is a must for all the family, enjoy a journey on the narrow gauge railway which operates from Leadhills to Wanlockhead. Nearby Biggar Public Park offers tennis, golf, putting, boating and a play area. If you are looking to enjoy a day out at the seaside the nearest beach is New Abbey (Dumfries).
Beautiful rural location in the heart of the Southern Uplands, a mile from Dumfries and Galloway. Leadhills is Scotland's second highest village, famous for its 'Scottish gold'. It has the atmosphere of the Scottish Highlands and yet is just an hour's drive from Glasgow. It is surrounded by miles of marvellous hill tracks.
Leadhills is a 15 minute drive from the M74, the main trunk route from England to Glasgow. Leave at Junction 14 (northbound) or Junction 13 (southbound).
It is a one-hour drive from Glasgow and 75 minutes from Edinburgh.
The nearest train station is in Sanquhar, 8 miles from the village. There is a regular bus service between Sanquhar and Wanlockhead (one mile from the house).
Nearest airports: Prestwick International and Glasgow International
Tel: 0141 339 9211
Location: 54 Main Street Leadhills ML12 6XR