Applications for the Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards now open
The race is on to be crowned winner at the 2017 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards, as the application process has now opened. This is great opportunity to celebrate recent achievements and showcase what Lanarkshire has to offer, and as such businesses from all sectors, irrespective of size, are being encouraged to apply.
VisitLanarkshire will be sponsoring The John Brinkins Award for Excellence in Tourism Award. The category is open to any organisation actively involved in Lanarkshire’s tourism industry, allowing businesses from the leisure and hospitality sectors, as well as visitor attractions to apply. The 2016 winner, The Elphinstone Hotel, walked away with the prestigious award after demonstrating its commitment to customer service and its ability to provide a friendly atmosphere to locals and visitors alike - traits which go a long way to making Lanarkshire a must visit destination. This year, the judges will be looking for similar types of qualities from businesses which place added emphasis on developing Lanarkshire’s tourism sector.
It is free to enter and companies can put themselves forward in up to three categories. The deadline for applications is Friday 11 November.
Winners of the prestigious awards will be announced at an awards dinner being held at Motherwell Concert Hall on Friday 3 March. BBC personality Kaye Adams will once again be hosting the glitzy event.
To request an application form visit www.chooselanarkshire.com/businessawards
The full list of award categories for the 2017 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards are:
- The John Brinkins Award for Excellence in Tourism Award sponsored by VisitLanarkshire
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (51 employees or more) sponsored by UK Steel Enterprise
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (11-50 employees) sponsored by CMS Window Systems
- Lanarkshire’s Best Business Award (Up to 10 employees) sponsored by Highlander International Recycling
- Lanarkshire’s Best New Business Award sponsored by Taylor Wimpey
- Lanarkshire Food & Drink Award – sponsorship still available
- Excellence in Innovation Award sponsored by Healthcare Environmental Group
- Excellence in Customer Service Award -sponsorship still available
- Lanarkshire Family Business Award sponsored by Albert Bartlett
- Developing Lanarkshire’s Young work force Award sponsored by North Lanarkshire’s Working
- Community Impact Award sponsored by Clyde Gateway